A Force for good
You could win a holiday for a family of four (or two adults) to the Wild Atlantic Way and Skellig Island in Ireland, staying at a 4-star bed and breakfast in Portmagee. You’ll recognise Skellig Island as the iconic location Luke Skywalker at the end of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
You’ll spend a day on a guided Star Wars experience exploring the iconic Star Wars: The Last Jedi filming locations on Skellig Island and the Ring of Kerry.
In Portmagee, you'll feel like you're in a galaxy far, far away with spectacular views of the night sky. There will also be an astronomer, with over 30-years' experience, on hand to guide you through a stargazing journey.
After your coastal adventure, you’ll visit Dublin where you’ll stay in a 4-star hotel for a night and create your very own Star Wars stuffed bear!
Finally, you’ll finish off your trip with a stop at the Disney Store, where we’ll give you €200 Euros for a Star Wars: The Last Jedi shopping spree!
Terms & Conditions
SANTANDER UK plc (the “PROMOTER”)
Force for Good
Promotion Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Santander Force for Good Competition (to be referred to as the “Promotion”). By entering into the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter is Santander UK plc, 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3AN.
2. The Promotion opens at 9am on Monday 20 November 2017 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11:59am on Friday 22 December 2017 (the “Closing Date”) (the “Promotional Period”). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entrants can enter the Promotion more than once, but can only win one (1) Santander “Force for Good” Hamper.
3. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid and entries which are delayed, duplicated, incomplete, illegible, submitted via an alternative method or lost through technical problems will be disqualified. No responsibility is accepted for such entries. Proof of submission online will not be accepted as proof of entry.
4. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS PROMOTION.
5. The Promotion is open to UK (and excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands) residents aged 13 or over. The Promotion is not open to employees (including their families) of Santander UK plc, DJP or any of their subsidiaries, advisers, and/or anyone connected with the organisation of this Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever.
6. To enter, entrants must follow these steps:
a) Record a video no longer than 5 minutes or take a picture of yourself (and others) recreating your favourite Star Wars scene or moment;
b) Go to www.santanderforceforgood.co.uk (the “Website”);
c) Provide your contact details including your full name and e-mail address; and
d) Upload their video and/or picture following the instructions on the Website.
e) All entrants below the age of 18 must on submitting their entry provide an email showing the written consent of a parent or guardian to enter the Promotion to be sent separately to the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. All entries must meet the following criteria:
a) The video or photo must be original content;
b) Entries can include other people but the entrant to this Promotion is regarded as the person who first uploads the entry. Any subsequent uploads of the same entry video or photograph from the same or an alternative device will be disqualified;
c) You must obtain any necessary consent(s) and/or approval(s) from any other people featured in your entry before making your submission;
d) No two entries can be the same or have the same name. If an entry name has already been taken the entrant will be prompted to select a different name;
e) Entries must be the entrants own work and must not be copied nor have been published before in any other publication (or on any third party website);
f) Entries must not contain any third party materials and/or content that the entrant does not have permission to use;
g) Entries must not promote the entrant’s own or any third party goods or services or include any trademarks; and
h) Entries must not promote inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive or in breach of any applicable law or regulation.
8. In respect of clause 7(a), 7(e) and 7(f), the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and/or DJP (if applicable) for any loss or damage that the Promoter and/or DJP suffer arising out of publication of their entry.
9. If the Promoter in its reasonable opinion believes that any entries are not the entrants own work or are otherwise in breach of clause 7, then the Promoter reserves the right to not consider those entries and may disqualify them at its discretion.
10. All entries will be screened by the Promoter’s agents before being uploaded. This may take up to 72 hours.
The Grand Prize: Holiday to Wild Atlantic Way and Skellig Island, Ireland
11. Three (3) finalists (the “Finalists”) will be selected at the end of each week (beginning on Monday 20th November) with the first selection taking place on Monday 27 November in respect of the preceding week selected from all valid entries that preceding week by the Promoter’s judging panel (“Panel”). The selections will take place on Monday 27 November, Monday 4 December, Monday 11 December, Monday 18 December and final draw on Friday 22 December. The Finalists shall be selected based on the quality of video and/or picture; creativity; innovation as well as humour. After the Closing Date, one (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be chosen from all Finalists selected throughout the Promotional Period. The Grand Prize Winner will be the best / favourite chosen by the Panel from all Finalists selected and based on the judging criteria as set out in this clause 11.
12. Entries will be reviewed by the Panel (which shall comprise of at least one independent judge) from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the Closing Date. The Panel shall review all valid entries on a weekly basis to select the Finalists. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten or extend the judging period.
13. The Grand Prize Winner shall receive a three (3) night and four (4) day holiday trip to the Wild Atlantic Way and Skellig Island in Ireland (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize shall be inclusive of the following expenditure and costs:
- Roundtrip economy class flights from either Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester or Glasgow airports only for two adults to Dublin Airport OR up to a family of four (4) [including at least one (1) adult and one (1) child below the age of 18];
- Transportation for all individuals travelling from Dublin Airport to the hotel and transportation from the hotel to Dublin Airport on your first and last day;
- Accommodation at a four star bed and breakfast in Portmagee;
- Star Wars filming location tour of Skellig Island and the Ring of Kerry (as seen at the end of “The Force Awakens” and “The Last Jedi” movie);
- Wild Atlantic Way filming location tour;
- Stargazing at the International Dark Sky Reserve;
- The chance to build your own bear at Build-A-Star Wars Bear in Dublin up to the cost of £66 per person for up to 4 persons.
- Spending spree at the Disney Store in Dublin with €200.00;
- A total of €500.00 spending money; and
- Travel insurance at the Promoter’s discretion.
14. The Promoter has hired DJP Marketing & Promotions Ltd (“DJP”) to handle the complete fulfilment of the Grand Prize. DJP is registered in the UK (company registration number 8065185) with a registered office address of 107 Bell Street, London, NW1JTL, England.
15. At least one individual of the people traveling with the Grand Prize Winner must be over the age of 18.
16. All individuals travelling must be in possession of a valid passport and must have a minimum of 90 days validity for the duration of the Grand Prize Holiday. All entry visas, ESTA forms and/or travel documents are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and individuals accompanying the Grand Prize Winner including visa costs if applicable. DJP nor the Promoter shall be responsible for arranging entry visa. All individuals travelling must provide a copy of their passports to ensure names are spelt correctly and to confirm the validity of their passports.
17. The Grand Prize Winner will receive confirmation that they have won the Grand Prize via an e-mail from email@example.com and by phone from DJP (providing a private e-mail or contact number has been provided) within seven (7) working days of the Closing Date of the Promotion. If the winner is under 18, they will need to give the contact details of a parent or guardian who will claim the prize on their behalf. In the event that a Grand Prize Winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, the Promoter shall select the next winner based on the judging criteria set out at clause 11 and thereafter until a Grand Prize Winner has been confirmed.
18. Personal data about the Grand Prize Winner and the individuals travelling with the Grand Prize Winner will be shared with DJP and their agents to the extent necessary for delivery of the Grand Prize.
19. The Grand Prize Winner must give at least 60 days’ notice prior to their requested departure date.
20. The holiday is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the Promotion being run. Blackout dates include peak Christmas (December 10 to January 5 annually) and August.
21. The Grand Prize Winner must take the holiday within 12 months of winning the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be requested to provide three (3) separate dates of preferred travel and DJP will endeavour to fulfil at least one of the Grand Prize Winner's preferred date of travel subject to restrictions such as flight timetables. The Promoter nor DJP shall be liable if the preferred date cannot be reasonably accommodated. If the Grand Prize Winner does not travel within the relevant 12 months, the Grand Prize will become null and void and the Grand Prize Winner will no longer be entitled to the Grand Prize.
22. Unless otherwise stated in the package, all other costs including meals and spending money are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
23. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those traveling are not changeable without incurring extra fees and may not be possible if a non-refundable or non-changeable ticket has been purchased.
24. The Grand Prize Winner and accompanying travel individuals must sign a legal acceptance form provided by DJP prior to departure as standard procedure.
25. DJP has offered this Grand Prize in good faith and the specifics of the Grand Prize Holiday are as stated in original proposal provided to the Promoter.
26. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative is available for the Grand Prize. In the unlikely event that the Grand Prize should become unavailable (due to force majeure or prize not being suitable for the Grand Prize Winner etc.) DJP reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize for a prize which it may determine in its reasonable opinion as being of equal value.
27. Nothing in this travel package authorizes any person to use the Walt Disney Company's and its affiliated companies (collectively, "Disney") name, brand, intellectual property, characters or reputation in conjunction with this Grand Prize or any prize promotions whatsoever and that a valid promotional agreement with Disney is a precondition for use of this prize package in association with Disney's name or Disney-owned intellectual property.
Santander “Force for Good” Hampers
28. All Finalists shall receive one of fifteen (15) Santander “Force for Good” Hampers.
29. Each Santander “Force for Good” Hamper is valued at the total of £193 including VAT and will consist of prizes including as a light saber, BB8 action figure and littleBits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit.
30. In addition, for each valid entry, the Promoter will make a donation of £25 to Barnardo’s and a donation of £25 to Together For Short Lives up to a maximum value of £125,000 for each charity.
31. The Finalists will be notified that they have won Hampers by the Promoter via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within seven (7) working days after the weekly selection took place each week
32. The Promoter and such person’s decisions shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes has contravened any of these terms and conditions and select an alternative winner at its discretion by a person selected by the Promoter.
33. The Santander “Force for Good” Hamper Prizes will be supplied within twenty eight (28) working days of the Finalists providing their postal address to the Promoter by email.
34. If a Santander “Force for Good” Hamper Prize remains unclaimed two (2) weeks after the Closing Date another winner will be chosen and thereafter until a suitable winner has been selected and Santander “Force for Good” Hamper Prize has been claimed.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal value in the unfortunate event that any of the prizes are not available or due to circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control. The prizes offered are not transferable and no alternative prizes will be offered unless the original prizes are unavailable. No cash alternatives are available.
36. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists agree to take part in post-Promotion publicity at the request of the Promoter. By entering the Promotion, the Grand Prize Winner and the Finalists agree to the Promoter’s unrestricted use of any post-Promotion publicity for the Promoter’s own purposes in all activities including, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use on the Promoter’s websites and social networking platforms.
37. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or stop the Promotion at any time without prior notice.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion.
39. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
40. All entrants will own the copyright to their entry. By submitting an entry into the Promotion, the entrant gives the Promoter permission for their entry to be published on @SantanderUK Twitter, Santander UK on Facebook and LinkedIn, The Promoter’s websites, Disney and websites and the charities involved in this Promotion. All entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish the entrants’ entries in perpetuity.
41. Personal data collected for the competition will be used to identify and contact the winners only.
42. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award prizes to anyone found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
43. The Grand Prize Winner and Finalists names and counties will be posted on the Website and Santander’s official Facebook page or alternatively, for the Grand Prize Winner and Finalists names and counties, please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Santander Force For Good Winners, Marketing Communications, Santander House, 201, Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 1AN to be received by 31 January 2018.
44. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with YouTube Twitter, Facebook, Disney or Lucas Film.
45. The Walt Disney Company, Lucasfilm Ltd. and each of their respective parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the Promotion, administration or execution of the travel package, competition, contest or sweepstakes.
46. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Promotion and all parties submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.